Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Colouring Of Fireworks

Hello. Its Wednesday!
Am I the only one that says."wed-ness-day" when I say that? Its fun
 You should try it.
Anyways, because of the Fourth of July, I was thinking about fireworks. Theyre very pretty, arent they? With all the BOOMS and colours and BOOMS
(And did I mention the BOOMS?)
So most people sit back and think "Well thats just darn pretty!"
I think "How do they make them so darn pretty?"
Fireworks think "OMIGOSHIMONFIRESOMEBOD- BOOM"
So when I finished mourning the deaths of the fireworks, I, yessir, indeed, you better bieleve it, I googled it. So I came across a wikipedia artice listing the things used to make the different colours. I thought the, uh... "one... two... three. Three!" People that view my blg regularly might be interested in it. (But really. Tell your friends!) So here you are, sorry no pictures:

Aluminum Silver-white
Barium Green
Calcium Orange (And its healthy!)
Cesium Indigo
Copper Blue-Green & Yellow
Iron Yellow
Pottassium Violet-Pink
Lithium Red
Magnesium White
Titanium Silver

So yeah. Go impress your friennds with the knowledge that Barium makes things green!
And then tell them where you learned it!

2 comments:

  1. So those elements actually catch fire? I guess its the infused with the ignition powder (gunpowder?) Hm. Learn something new everyday.

    ReplyDelete